• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Seems legit:

Yeah, if anyone helped shortened Cam’s career, it’s Ron Rivera 

as long as I live I will never forget Newton’s last game in the stadium trying to run on that foot injury and Rivera getting booed for not taking him out 

…there were many other games like that,  including Newton getting his brains beaten out against Denver opening game in 2016  ….head shot after launched headshot and Ron just stood there, arms folded   I’ve had no use for Rivera ever since 

Really hate it for Cam, finally would have had a decent roster to work with and a solid defense. But really he can only blame himself. I can’t imagine this happening if Cam was vaccinated. One, he allowed Mac to prove himself last week with an amazing practice versus the Giants starters, plus being unvaccinated is a huge liability for your team, especially when you are the starting quarterback.

So as much poo that’s been thrown Cam’s way his entire career, this one is on him.

40 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

but there's clearly still interest around the league. 

The Patriots cut Cam without getting anything in compensation from a team looking to make a trade

The Panthers cut Cam without getting anything in compensation from a team looking to make a trade

The only difference in these two scenarios is that no team in their right mind would pony up anything for a Cam trade the day before/day of team cuts - hoping that they could pick him up without having to sacrifice any trade items.   

The timing of the Panthers cut provided Cam the best timeline for a team to grab him and integrate him into their system before the season started.

All things being equal - I'd suggest that the Panthers timed Cam's departure a heck of a lot better in terms of benefiting Cam's potential future than the Patriots did.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

WEEI radio in January, before he re-signed with the Patriots: “For me, when I look at the whole situation, if you’re asking me if I want to be a backup? Hell no.”

He may change his tune now but just this year he said he didnt want to go into a back up role

There was a lot more optimism in his rebound chances when it was just the Panthers who had given up on him. Cam believes in himself but he's not dumb; he has to know he's no longer in the position to make demands. The full quote is key here and foreshadowing a bit:

“For me, when I look at the whole situation, if you’re asking me if I want to be a backup? Hell no,” Newton said. “Because when I look at the other teams and I am looking at how players play and it’s been guys getting away with what I feel [is] murder for years because of subpar play. Do I have the right to say that with the year that I had this year? No. But, I am going to be honest and say it because that is what I do.”

Edited by MechaZain

the stans can’t possibly believe Mac has better potential as the future in NE than cam…it must be because he’s not vaccinated, except they resigned him and kept in on this long unvaccinated lol

and he wont’t be starting anywhere 

as everyone other than stans have been saying he is done, not a MVP just sitting there and waiting 

you don’t draft Mac and don’t play him

• Flames 1

cam may not be the same player he used to be but regarding belichick, the fact that tom brady took an average 2019 bucs roster to a superbowl win last year while the patriots foundered all throughout 2020 shows a lot about how much closer he’s always been to that browns coach that failed in the 90s than this genius mastermind god that everybody acted like he was this entire time.

(it also shows why every assistant that is poached from his staff to be a head coach absolutely sucks and gets fired after three years max)

• Pie 1

So if Cam Newton got the jab, he'd be starting QB??? That is fuging hilarious omega level cope, HAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAH

(takes a beath..))

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Mac " ___________ ____________ " Jones beat Cam Newton for the job, can not believe I called that before Mac jones was even drafted. I was once a Cam believer too......The market speaks again and this time its not only Herniay, RR, Gettlegut, now Goat Bill has passed on Newton. 

I believe Hoyer is not vacced either, unreal at Cams recent timeline. 

Edited by Basbear