• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7 saints coaches 2 players out for saints

dxpanther

24 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Officially a game time decision but just had thumb surgery. I’m guessing he’s going to be held out. I can’t believe he’s considered questionable. 

True story:

Last year as the pandemic was just starting to hit us hard and hospitals were filling up, I was training with my boss in my new position as sales trainer, which is done over Zoom. He was 74 and owing to a ladder fall a dozen years ago suffers chronic back pain and to that point had had 4 surgeries on his back. He's training me on a class that has only one student but his back is killing him. His doctor finally locates an outpatient facility to do the surgery in and he tells me he'll have surgery Wednesday and then we'll resume class Thursday. I don't say anything but in my head I'm thinking "Yeah you're 74 and this will be your fifth surgery, Zero chance you're teaching the next day." 

Thursday comes and all I can do as I sit there all day staring at the screen while my boss teaches this one guy, the thought running through my head is "Well I guess I'm never taking a sick day."

Moral of the story:  If my boss at 74 can come back to work one day after back surgery, I wouldn't underestimate what a professional athlete in his prime is capable of.  I agree it sounds crazy, but people will amaze you sometimes.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Officially a game time decision but just had thumb surgery. I’m guessing he’s going to be held out. I can’t believe he’s considered questionable. 

Ya pretty hard to play DB in a club. If he just had the surgery he’ll probably be out 4-6 weeks depending on the severity. 

Though it wouldn’t surprise me if the Payton sent him out there with a club to do some damage anywho. 

Edited by Harbingers

34 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

yep, there's a picture of him out there on the interwebs showing him suited up at practice yesterday with a big cast on his hand.

Got a feeling he's going to play.

A club cast on a corner..... That will hamper his ability to tackle and intercept.... I'm Thinking DJ will be matched up on him all day.

• Pie 2