• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the 2021 Carolina Panthers worse than the 2020 Carolina Panthers?

Zod

I'm not going to burn it to the ground yet, we have a lot more talent on defense but we have to remember we are a very young team; on both sides of the ball.  Our O-line might be worse but regardless of what most people are saying we are upgraded at the QB position.  I think expectations got out of hand with the 3-0 start, we need to pull it back in and realize that this team is a work in process, young, inexperienced and learning.  

• Pie 1

If both teams are completely healthy this years team wins just based on the increased talent on defense. On the other hand some how the coaching on this team has regressed some how even with the increase in talent.

Just having Tahir Whitehead on the 2020 team gives the edge to 2021.

Edited by Eazy-E

2020 season of the two units the offense was the better of two. They decided to blow that up for some reason.

Now this season the defense is by in far the better unit. 

So they took a step forward with the defense and a step backwards with the offense. 

About the same. Alot of questionable decisions in year 2. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Zod said:

Well? Are they? And if they are, what does that say about Matt Rhule and his expected performance?

Remember how y'all said I was crazy for even considering that Matt Rhule could be on the hot seat before the end of this year? That if he didn't post a better than .500 season things would get dicey for him.

Well, the locals are calling for blood. The team seems to have lost its identity due to a couple of key injuries (we talk about CMC a lot, but we REALLY missed Shaq Thompson out there on Sunday). 

Big, long contract people said. Tepper will give him time people said. It's amazing how many people who said those things are now just fuming.

poo takes time folks, and some things aren't nearly as bad as people think. Heck, my mind has changed and I can see some thing headed in the right direction. I can also see some things going way wrong right now, too.

There's a lot of games left to play this season. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but we're going to come across some teams that have already packed it in, we're going to come across some teams that are more injured than we are. It ain't over yet.

It might get better. It might get worse. But I think Rhule needs to start coaching like his career depended on it.