• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder-This is Mick Mixon's last game

ladypanther

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Have they said who is going to replace him?

Kyle Bailey has expressed interest in the job.

Kyle has been very outspoken on the issue of tax-payor funded stadiums and his position (against) might hurt his chances.  

Good for him I’m against it too, these owners want a new stadium, they pay for it.

I know nothing of Mick's personal life or what he is like other than he had a bout of cancer...............

But as an announcer.........he is no better than a high school kid trying to announce their school football games....

He among one of the worst I've ever heard.

Lousy voice............strange selection of adjectives to describe things.....poor inflections.........and an enthusiasm that sounds contrived rather that genuine

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Good guy, quite possibly the worst radio announcer in the league.

It'd all relative to what you're used to. Most guys are basic, plain Jane types that have zero substance beyond talking about football. Mick may say some ridiculous things or make some crazy, off the wall comparisons but it gives his calls depth that others lack. It's not robotic.

Personally, it's the end of an era. Another long serving member gone that will be a reminder of how quickly time goes by. I was 13 when he got the job and remember listening to the radio through many important moments of my life: high school, graduations, college drinking games, birth of children, purchasing a home, etc. 

There's a lot wrapped up in teams you follow closely for a long period of time.