• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back-What could we get for the #6 pick? Is it worth it?

Michael G

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

I think its hard to really predict the moves teams may make until FA has started. Our use of pick 6 will probably largely be determined by several factors (ie- How do the coaches feel about Brady C? Did they acquire any Interior OL players that could start? Were they (Macadoo) blown away by any of the QBs at their Prodays? Did thye bring in or trade for a QB prior to the draft?)  

IMO Fit will trade back unless we get draft capital by trading an established player. Last year he talked about a "cutoff" point that was just outside the top 10. I think he'll try to trade back to just inside that if possible and still land a premium player (based on their evaluations).

Is there any trade back option worth it to give up a Pickett, Neal, or Ekwonu (and maybe Cross)?

People keep talking about Pickett, but he doesn't even have to be the be round 1 material. I think Pickett can play in the NFL, but at what level is the question.

I know it may not be totally reasonable, but honestly any QB that Rhule tried to recruit gives me pause. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's insanity. Pick 6 is a damn premium spot

Yep,

Imagine in 2021 if we would have traded back from 7 to 13.  We would have been stuck with Wirfs instead of Brown.  Oh wait....

Every year fans convince themselves that where they are picking there is an imaginary drop of talent that is one spot later so there is absolutely no reason to trade down.

Grade your players and see how the board falls.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Just bite the bullet, stay put and take a franchise changing left tackle

Left tackles don't change franchises, ask the Browns with Joe Thomas.

They help, and they are important, and I'm a huge fan of drafting them in the first but this idea that they are exponentially better than any other non-QB relative in regard to WAR is just wrong.

QBs are in a league of their own when it comes to changing franchises.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Left tackles don't change franchises, ask the Browns with Joe Thomas.

They help, and they are important, and I'm a huge fan of drafting them in the first but this idea that they are exponentially better than any other non-QB relative in regard to WAR is just wrong.

QBs are in a league of their own when it comes to changing franchises.

LT should be addressed this year no matter what whether it is through the draft, trade, or FA. There are going to be a load of them available to us. Bottom line is if we see a QB worth making our franchise guy then you make that decision early and stay put. Sign a LT in FA and draft the QB at 6. 

If there isn’t a QB worth taking then move down and take a LT (I don’t see Neal, Ekwonu, and Cross all going before the 11th pick). 

Either way Fitt will know what he’s going to do before draft day. 

Neal, Ekwonu, Cross, Robinson, Armstead, Brown (move Moton to LT). 

Just get one of them….

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 1

Trading down, picking up a 2nd this year or 1st next year, and coming away with Tyler Linderbaum is our best case trade down IMO unless we want a rookie OT at 6.

Sign a vet OT, sign a vet Guard, draft Linderbaum and our OL all of a sudden looks decent. Draft a MLB and depth on the lines with the rest of the picks and I'm good to go. Then let Darnold try to prove he's a top 28 QB next year en route to a high pick and drafting our QB of the future. Cap space, hit on a rookie QB so we have that contract as our ace in the hole, and go win. 

• Pie 1

I think this is the best draft to trade back and still get a QB.  Several of these QBs are probably mid-first round picks.  None of them scream upper first round talent.  I do believe there will be several players that are NON-QBs that will be coveted.  If we could trade back and recoup our 2nd we could land a QB with either choice (mid first or mid 2nd).  There seems to be a lot of first round talent for interior linemen.  

I think we'll add a few top tier interior linemen in free agency but also add O-line help with our 1st two picks. (providing we get a 2nd)

It will be interesting to see how these QBs stack up after the Senior Bowl, the combine and Pro days. 

I may be wrong but I thought combines are only for Seniors and underclassmen aren't eligible.

• Pie 1