• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible line configuration

Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not sure BC will make a good guard in general. He could be a solid LT, but we didn’t get a good look last year. I really like Cross, but I’m not sure he could slide over to guard either. BC might just have to be depth unless he can play center. 

Every time we played BC at guard last year he got overpowered.  He just doesn't appear to be "that guy".  I just don't understand anyone who continues to push him into a position he just doesn't seem to fit.

We saw consistent improvement at LT.  Unfortunately, in the midst of a terrible season we managed to get to the end of it without knowing if we had an NFL LT on the roster.  It's just . . . dumb.

So now, we're going to draft some guy in the top 10 to be a LT.  And it's really hard to argue against it.  But it's going to mean that our 3rd rounder from last year is a flop.  Worse, he could end up going to another team and becoming a decent LT.

This staff is so frustrating.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Having 3 competent linemen would help BC and Elf or whoever is out there. 

Would be nice to land a Bozeman, Karras, Laken, or Corbett. Unsure about Norwell.

I don’t really think BC is some long term answer. I know we want him to be but it may just not be the case. Potentially great backup/serviceable starter at times.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Suggested by Joe Person...

Try out this potential Week 1 offensive line for size:

Left tackle Charles Cross, left guard Andrew Norwell, center Pat Elflein, right guard Brady Christensen, right tackle Taylor Moton.

What we learned at The Combine

Also from Joe's write up:

- Panthers want to get a deal done with Donte Jackson before free agency begins 

- QB Desmond Ridder impressed the coaching staff at the combine 

- Look for the team to go after UFA P Pat O-Donnell  

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

WTF did we trade pick 70 to the Jaguars for CJ? If we sign Donte then CJ, like Tremble and Marshall were wasted day 2 picks replaced by big money FA deals to meh vets.

If CJ can play at a high enough level it offsets the 3rd rounder.  The buzz was he would be able to break thru with a change of environment(sound familiar?). Unfortunately, I haven’t been wowed by the return on investment yet and don’t have confidence in the coaching staffs ability to coach him up.  

As a fan of the team, I wish I could argue with you but sadly, I can’t. 

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant

15 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We extended Robby right after taking Marshall in the 2nd right before Humphrey. We extended Thomas after taking Tremble in the 3rd and he looked decent. Now we want to extend Donte after trading away pick 70 (solid IOL draft spot) so CJ can be Horn/Donte’s backup. 

No argument here.  I come here, see all the negative comments and desperately want to defend my team but cannot. 

Season 5 Starz GIF by Outlander

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

We extended Robby right after taking Marshall in the 2nd right before Humphrey. We extended Thomas after taking Tremble in the 3rd and he looked decent. Now we want to extend Donte after trading away pick 70 (solid IOL draft spot) so CJ can be Horn/Donte’s backup. 

Have you ever heard of slot corner? There’s minimum of 3 corners on the field at all times with frequent packages involving 4. Cj will be a starter next year unless we retain both Gilmore and Donte, which will not happen.

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

CJ didn’t play the slot much at all for us. Has he played there before? Bouye and Hartsfield did and both are on the 2022 roster as well. If we sign Donte, I don’t expect CJ to be a starter except for injury.

Yeah Bouye should be slot unless he gets cut/traded.