• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Rhule's job security

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would not be surprised if any improvement is used as the reason to retain Rhule. Yeah, we went 7-10 but that's improvement and we expect to be in the playoffs next year with Matt Corral next up on our neverending QB carousel.

Exactly, I doubt we win more than 7 but that will be good enough. We will suffer 7 years of this bs because Tepper is terrible. 

2 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I wanted him gone last season but I knew he wasn't going anywhere. 

He was brought in for his reputation of building up bad teams... it's always been a three year process for Rhule coached teams. I think at minimum Tepper was going to allow Rhule to coach here for three seasons. No matter the record or projected trajectory of the teams we've fielded these first two years. 

Literally zero chance Rhule didn't get to year just based off his past trends in college. Now next season could be a very different story if we dont atleast get to .500. 

Makes me wonder who would be the scapegoat by mid point if we're still underperforming this season. 

Probably Snow

Rhule won't receive a new contract if BOA goes through two more seasons of being mostly empty. The Panthers can't be known for losing and having a bad QB and still keep Rhule. Word around town has to be that we have an exciting QB and we're winners, and we're exciting to watch. This will draw in casual fans and people who want to be seen at the game, but don't care who wins. They want to be there for the hype, but not to actually watch much of the game, and leave and the end of the 3rd quarter. That element is gone, and so is just about everyone else. No good for Rhule.

When Tepper was announced as the buyer for this team, there was a lot of talk about us becoming the new Pittsburgh.

Reality has set in and now we look like we were going to become the next Cleveland Browns.

Sadly, if there isn't a change in direction soon, we'll become the new Detroit Lions.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1