• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope is finally here.

ladypanther

5 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Still better than Josh Rosen.

Wilks and co chose Rosen over Jackson.  I'll also add that Bradford played the first 3 games.  The worst performance of his career.  Wilks is not a QB whisperer or O genius.

Edited by poundaway

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

My friends, we are here. We wanted hope...we wanted to talk about the future instead of the failed past
which miserably seemed destined to repeat itself every week.

2 admissions....I am a homer and I am an optimist. But admit it...we all want to be here. I will get the
first bold prediction out of the way...the Panthers will beat the Rams this Sunday.

Wilks. So word was Tepper wanted an experienced HC for the next hire. Check. Failed??..Well, he only
got 1 season in Arizona. Gee...how many times does that happen? I am sure there is a little motivation
there.

And.....how did he get on this staff in the first place? I cannot imagine that Rhule went out looking for
previous head coaches who might replace him. Wilks was picked by someone else....so curious about
who that was and obviously convinced Tepper forced the issue.

Wilks seems like the anti Rhule. Not saying that Rhule was a bad guy...just a fish out of water. No doubt
he wanted to succeed and meant well.

Right off the bat Wilks fires 2 [Rhule] coaches. Forget about brass balls....he has real balls...not
arrogance but confidence in his vision.

We all loved the Wilks press conference. Not hype...just real. He is business, straight forward, and if you
look closely, there is some affection there. OMG...we have someone who understands the heritage of this
franchise. This is important...this is our soul. It gives the team meaning. Again, it means something to be
a Panther. It means playing with a purpose. We did not need a damn brand. We had something more
meaningful than that and thankfully we just got it it back.

I cannot imagine that there is anyone who does not hope that this is the right place and the right time for
Steve Wilks. What a story...hometown West Charlotte guy. Has paid his dues and although the Arizona
experience was painful and ugly...seems like a guy that would learn from that.

Wilks has a big challenge with the offense. I hope he can have a positive influence there. It was
encouraging to see him spending time with McAdoo. QB situation...oh dear...but...a fresh perspective
could not hurt. Offense please.....just stay on the field a little longer. Walker.....please please play a decent
game.

Bottom line....no surprise....I am hoping Wilks can turn things around and be the coach of the future. I
know odds are against that but that does not seem to concern him. One of the reasons I like him...he says
it is not about him. 
Wilks seems like the kind of guy that will really inspire players....and they will respect him and give their
all for. Most importantly, Wilks is a Panther. He will not let the team forget who we are.
I bet there are a lot of people out there who think the Panthers are a mess. Well, for the first time in years,
I think we are not.

I also think moving forward this team will surprise people. First up is the Rams. I will be watching on
Sunday.

GO PANTHERS. KEEP POUNDING!!

Keep Pounding Lady P.

53970770-C9B1-4AA4-B6F8-244324181077.jpeg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I'm not buying the hopium here. This team is badly flawed. For one he doesn't have a competent QB, two our defense is too light in the ass, three our offensive players don't fit McAdoos system. I respect Wilks and think this will be another good step for him to take over a team he can make his but he alone isn't going to make this work and he doesn't have the skills to rebuild what Rhule failed at. Winning in the NFL is very hard and you have to have great minds to do it. I remember being extremely excited we picked up McDermott. The way he kicked our ass when Fox was around showed how bright he was and he didn't disappoint. We need a guy like that and while Wilks is a good DB coach his time as a DC was not spectacular. Nor was his time in AZ for that matter. 

• Poo 1

Just now, Snake said:

I'm not buying the hopium here. This team is badly flawed. For one he doesn't have a competent QB, two our defense is too light in the ass, three our offensive players don't fit McAdoos system. I respect Wilks and think this will be another good step for him to take over a team he can make his but he alone isn't going to make this work and he doesn't have the skills to rebuild what Rhule failed at. Winning in the NFL is very hard and you have to have great minds to do it. I remember being extremely excited we picked up McDermott. The way he kicked our ass when Fox was around showed how bright he was and he didn't disappoint. We need a guy like that and while Wilks is a good DB coach his time as a DC was not spectacular. Nor was his time in AZ for that matter. 

Yes Snake, the team is flawed, the Rams, even with a very injured oline, is a formidable team and there is no  doubt the Super bowl champs  have a gifted coaching staff

All that said, upsets do happen   

it doesn’t hurt to hope for one

I said on Monday that the team  can beat the Rams, and they can if they run the ball well, do play action and the defense takes advantage of a very poor Rams oline and stay in their gaps, special teams continue to play steady 

spending time on the west coast, I watch the Rams more than I want to and without Beckham and given the state of the oline and questions about stafford’s elbow, that offense isn’t the same 

it is imperative that Horn play and that the defense stops the run 

do that, and panthers can win   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I cannot imagine that there is anyone who does not hope that this is the right place and the right time for
Steve Wilks. What a story...hometown West Charlotte guy. Has paid his dues and although the Arizona

The Joker Movie GIF

I think we are going to see a whole new tone to the team when they take the field. And that is what we desperately need. There was no grit under Rhule, there were just platitudes.

If Wilks can change the tone and timbre of this team, then he can turn this thing around and make something of it. I'm not going to go out and say we've got a winning season just waiting for us. We may not even make five wins this year, not that we were going to anyway before.

But I want us to at least fight for those games and show that we can punch above our weight class. And I want to see us win against someone scoring more than 17 points.

Hurricane Rhule has passed, a big wet blanket on the entire team history. Now it's time for the recovery efforts and the rebuilding. It's time to start pounding again.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

My friends, we are here. We wanted hope...we wanted to talk about the future instead of the failed past
which miserably seemed destined to repeat itself every week.

2 admissions....I am a homer and I am an optimist. But admit it...we all want to be here. I will get the
first bold prediction out of the way...the Panthers will beat the Rams this Sunday.

Wilks. So word was Tepper wanted an experienced HC for the next hire. Check. Failed??..Well, he only
got 1 season in Arizona. Gee...how many times does that happen? I am sure there is a little motivation
there.

And.....how did he get on this staff in the first place? I cannot imagine that Rhule went out looking for
previous head coaches who might replace him. Wilks was picked by someone else....so curious about
who that was and obviously convinced Tepper forced the issue.

Wilks seems like the anti Rhule. Not saying that Rhule was a bad guy...just a fish out of water. No doubt
he wanted to succeed and meant well.

Right off the bat Wilks fires 2 [Rhule] coaches. Forget about brass balls....he has real balls...not
arrogance but confidence in his vision.

We all loved the Wilks press conference. Not hype...just real. He is business, straight forward, and if you
look closely, there is some affection there. OMG...we have someone who understands the heritage of this
franchise. This is important...this is our soul. It gives the team meaning. Again, it means something to be
a Panther. It means playing with a purpose. We did not need a damn brand. We had something more
meaningful than that and thankfully we just got it it back.

Wilks has a big challenge with the offense. I hope he can have a positive influence there. It was
encouraging to see him spending time with McAdoo. QB situation...oh dear...but...a fresh perspective
could not hurt. Offense please.....just stay on the field a little longer. Walker.....please please play a decent
game.

Bottom line....no surprise....I am hoping Wilks can turn things around and be the coach of the future. I
know odds are against that but that does not seem to concern him. One of the reasons I like him...he says
it is not about him. 
Wilks seems like the kind of guy that will really inspire players....and they will respect him and give their
all for. Most importantly, Wilks is a Panther. He will not let the team forget who we are.
I bet there are a lot of people out there who think the Panthers are a mess. Well, for the first time in years,
I think we are not.

I also think moving forward this team will surprise people. First up is the Rams. I will be watching on
Sunday.

GO PANTHERS. KEEP POUNDING!!

Thanks for the optimism. I have no clue how things will turn out but like you I want something to  root for and hope Wilks is the man who can lead us there.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Wilks and co chose Rosen over Jackson.  I'll also add that Bradford played the first 3 games.  The worst performance of his career.  Wilks is not a QB whisperer or O genius.

The drafting was Steve Keim, not Wilks.

And for the record, Wilks QB Coach was Byron Leftwich.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Wilks is not a QB whisperer or O genius.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

This team is badly flawed.  while Wilks is a good DB coach his time as a DC was not spectacular. Nor was his time in AZ for that matter. 

Which makes me wonder why anyone has hope or optimism when things really haven't  been upgraded.  Wilks is a place holder unless some sort of actual supernatural miracle occurs.

• Flames 1