• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie may have been the FOOL but DJ was out there GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS

TheBigKat

One can only run so many routes where he's wide frigging open and the QB never looks his way. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer he be like McCaffrey and be intensely into it 110% of the time, but not everyone is like C Mac and Luke and TD that way. DJ is a phenomenal receiver who has been criminally misused in his time here. I don't blame him for being upset in a lost season. I'll be ready to judge him or call for him to be traded if he pulls this stuff while we're competitive or when we have a promising rookie QB who we are building around. I doubt we'll see it in that scenario. But McAdoo and the coaching staff are to blame here, not DJ.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

One can only run so many routes where he's wide frigging open and the QB never looks his way. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer he be like McCaffrey and be intensely into it 110% of the time, but not everyone is like C Mac and Luke and TD that way. DJ is a phenomenal receiver who has been criminally misused in his time here. I don't blame him for being upset in a lost season. I'll be ready to judge him or call for him to be traded if he pulls this stuff while we're competitive or when we have a promising rookie QB who we are building around. I doubt we'll see it in that scenario. But McAdoo and the coaching staff are to blame here, not DJ.

Exactly. Dumbasses here want to trade the only WR we have on the team. Robby will be gone, Marshall sucks, Smith drops too. Moore is the only real WR we have. Like you said, there is only so many routes a receiver is willing to run and be wide open and not get the ball. That happening every Sunday will take the will out of any receiver. At least he isnt being a cancer like Robby.

35 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I really think we need to revisit “the fire sale”. CMC and DJ Moore deserve better and with the crapshow that is our QB situation, this O won’t be fixed this season IMO.

If we can get 2 firsts for those 2 dudes then let’s get it. At this point I’m down with blowing the whole damn thing up. This team is a team of losers. Even the good players. Trade who you can trade, get a bunch of picks, and start the fug over. Because this team here ain’t it. 

• Pie 3

His effort is laughable .... that fake handoff stoodout in my mind today. I wrote in another thread wtf is going on with our WRs going half speed. 

To his credit both him and Robbie have a solid argument. There should never be a reason where Shi Smith and Ian Thomas touch the ball more than our #1 and #2. 

Even when Eason came in, the INT he threw was targeted for Shi iirc. 

DJ has 200 yards in 5 games. And will continue to underperform until somebody calls him out about it. 

Behind closed doors he's probably as pissed as Robbie was for being subbed out in the 4th. 

And whatever this is we're running ....it just cant be sustained on offense. When Cam was here everybody was complaining he doesn't throw the deep ball. Now we've had 3+ capable QBs who refuse to throw the deep ball. If we aren't planning to throw the damn ball past the LOS why the hell are we allocating a large portion of our cap to WRs. 

Never seen this before. Mcadoo has to be the reason... imo

Edited by ColumbusCounty
  • Pie 2

I’d like to keep DJ, but if you can get a 1st for him, then you move him. Same goes for CMC. If you can get a 1st, then you move him.

At this point, you take anything for Robbie. Moving him to a contender would be best for both parties. Maybe we can atleast get a 5th or 6th for him, with my guess being a 6th we get. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

This has been an issue for DJ since last year.  There have been multiple occasions where he has given half ass effort.  Announcers even called him out a few times last season for running weak, effortless routes that broke down entire plays.  I’m all aboard the trade DJ train 

Before last year.  He wasnt consistently good until Stevd Smith called him out pretty early on.  He is great when he is schemed open or has the ball in his hands but he still needs to work on his route running and getting open.  I've definitely noticed some bad body language and effort out there.  Hes not to blame but hes definitely not helping nor above reproach