• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports "some" within the Panthers organization want Sam Darnold to get a chance to start

TheSpecialJuan

Darnold produces the same results as baker with the worst oline and no cmc but some fans think we still don’t know what we have in Baker lol

No QB should be returning to the team next year but if you’re playing the best pick from our QB shitpile it’s Darnold.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is like having a big date and you have three cars in the driveway:  an AMC Gremlin, a Ford Pinto, and a Pontiac Aztec.

Which one to you wash and wax and hang around the rearview mirror the fuzzy dice that smell like wild berries?

Ford Pinto station wagon.  Nothing says, 'hey babe, I'm Mr. Uptown', like the fake wood paneling, rusted through floorboard, and the smell of gasoline.  Good times.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

I have no issue with that.  We've got to make a choice on whom we keep.  The only fair way is to work all 3 quarter backs.  In my opinion we've seen PJ enough to make a comparison between him and the others.  I would just let Baker and Sam battle the rest of the season out.

Personally, I think PJ has a better shot at being here next year than Darnold or Baker do.  Draft a QB, keep Corral, and maybe have PJ as the third qb.  Let Baker and Darnold be some other team's problem.  

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports "some" within the Panthers organization want Sam Darnold to get a chance to start in 2022. 

Darnold missed most of the season's first half a serious ankle injury. He's reportedly fully healthy but not part of the team's starting QB conversation as P.J. Walker and Baker Mayfield takes turns being terrible. Darnold, one of the NFL's worst quarterbacks by any measure in 2021, could wind up starting a meaningless late-season game for the most down-bad franchise in pro sports. 

It’s certainly hard to defend the franchise right now but this statement is a tad dramatic. We aren’t even the worst team in the NFL.