• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say what you want….

TheCasillas

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

That Detroit game is starting to look like our biggest test left

I agree this is our toughest test.  Tampa has Cincinnati next weekend.  That will most likely be their last loss before playing us.  I don't see them losing to Arizona prior to our game.  They play Atlanta while we play NO the last week. 

Atlanta could sneak in there too but they have a tough test.  They have @New Orleans, @Baltimore, Arizona and Tampa.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we win out Wilks should get the job. But if we win out while basically minimizing the QB position McAdoo has to go. I just don't know if Wilks would have the guts to make that call.

Why not?  He’s fired half of the coaching staff already 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

If I am tepper I am staying with the hot hand and taking the interim tag off 

The players are playing for him and he has resurrected a dead team, I don't see any superstar coach's worth hitting the reset button for 

And I got to thinking, this is why you fire a bad coach early, to see how your players play under a different leader, Mr Richardson was too polite to fire a coach mid season

I think you have to let it all play out. If you name him HC and we rattle off 4 losses(which I don't see happening) then it looks like a premature move. 

Make that an offseason determination. Perhaps the guys will fight harder to make him the guy. We shall see.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I agree this is our toughest test.  Tampa has Cincinnati next weekend.  That will most likely be their last loss before playing us.  I don't see them losing to Arizona prior to our game.  They play Atlanta while we play NO the last week. 

Atlanta could sneak in there too but they have a tough test.  They have @New Orleans, @Baltimore, Arizona and Tampa.

If I were betting, I would pick the Cardinals to win against Tampa.  Neither team is very good, but the Cardinals are playing at home and Tampa is playing horribly.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

They’re playing for each other and fuging the future of this franchise along the way. Get ready for another 3 years of 5-7 win football, journeymen QBs, and false hope. No point of firing Rhule if we weren’t going to tank for a top 2 pick. I told y’all what would happen the day Matt Rhule was hired, go look it up. Now I’m telling you these meaningless games have set the rebuild back another 3 years at minimum. Foolish. 

• Poo 7

8 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Let's say we do win out and go 9-8, with a Division Title. Playing the style of football we play, we are not going to be an easy out. Teams have been put on notice that the Panthers come to play, and you had better put your big boy pants on,

We are playing the type of games that playoff games always come down to. Who can instill their will upon the other. Pretty good D with a punishing O. Sounds like Playoff Football to me.

What exactly do you mean when you say the style of football we play? Do you mean the style where our QB throws for 120 yards on 24 attempts, hardly ever even attempting to throw mid level, let alone deep? Our two starting WR's caught exactly one pass between them, for 18 yards. We beat a team with one of the worst defenses in the league by endlessly throwing checkdowns and to the flats, but mostly running against a team with a very poor run defense.

Do you think playoff caliber defenses feel put "on notice" that they may have to contend with the Barry Sanders like running abilities of D' onta Foreman, Chuba Hubbard and Raheem Blacksheer? Or is it more likely that an average collection of backs and a promising O line had a good day against a very sub par, non playoff caliber D? I'll wait while you look up Seattle's defensive standings this year. They're not pretty.

Look, it was great to watch our team win a football game yesterday. It was incredibly refreshing to watch the Panthers light it up in the first quarter, but playoff caliber QB's are not going to spot the Panthers two first half INT's, one of which set the offense in the red zone from the start, that was a fluke. I'll take it. But it let the Panthers play from in front almost the entire game and that limited Seattle's playbook and put more pressure on Smith to play catchup football. The odds of that being the scenario in multiple playoff games are not worth discussing.

What we are is a team without a QB that can consistently force defenses to respect the threat of his downfield throwing, and a defense that gave up 24 points on a day when our offense controlled the ball with the run game and scored 30 while having no turnovers. Playoff defenses won't give up those 30 points against this offense, but playoff offenses with absolutely be able to hang at least those 24 points on a decent but not shutdown D. That's a recipe for a meaningless first round exit and mid round picks in the draft while we try to feel good about getting curb stomped by whoever got lucky enough to draw us in the wild card round.

Does it beat endless losing with no hope? Hell yeah it does, by a mile and then some. But let's not delude ourselves about the current team's chances should we make the playoffs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Tomcatn said:

Matt Rhule..............crickets

I can almost promise you if he were to be interviewed and ask about our turnaround he would stick with his original story that he played a huge part in developing and building our team and that he wasn’t given enough time to see the turnaround. He will never realize that his coaching style was the problem and that he could never get an NFL to rally around him like they are with Wilks.