• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps for the analytically challenged, or those that just don't give a damn and will take any and every opportunity to spotlight that there is a legitimate problem with institutional racism in the NFL and society at large. For me personally, I think there is a gargantuan, long-lived problem in America---and at times I feel somewhat helpless to do anything about it, even talk about it---but I don't think that it's necessarily a good thing to label every perceptibly questionable decision as a racist one. There is enough evidence to point to, in my opinion, even within the NFL, on a macro level to show that institutional racism is alive and well, and that people aren't doing (and aren't willing to do) anything of substance to address it, but just because Reich was 3-5 and Wilks was 6-6 this season and we hired Reich isn't one of them in my opinion.

Agreed... right on the head. 

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Outrage sells. All the talking heads want to virtue signals, and cast blame - but I doubt they actually think Tepper’s a racist.. they are just towing the line. In a couple weeks know one will remember this.

What is virtue signaling I keep seeing this word 

Its not just there, but locally as well as I stated here:

Im tired of hearing on 99.9 that Wilks did an incredible job. Ron Pitts even said He goes 6-6 and does an incredible job, what more does he have to do to win the job? Hey how about win the most important game of your career and dont be a reason if they lose. That didnt happen. Also, 6-6 is not an incredible job. Thats mediocre. We beat bad teams, but lost to Mitch Trubisky.

He also said if Moore doesnt get penalized and if Jackson and Horn werent out, he could be 8-4. Like wtf is this dumbass logic? You can nitpick many moments of every coach in the league that if it went one way, the outcome would be different. The only thing that matters is what actually happened. 

People have lost all sense of logic. 

But also another ridiculous thing that was said on The OG by one of their regular journalist that they talk to is that he was angry the panthers immediately posted about how Reich was our first QB to try to appeal to the fans. Trying to say that the panthers media never tried to appeal to the fans with Wilks, which is complete and utter bullshit. Everyone is making up their own reality.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Beer 1

Sick of all this crap. Football makes all races who play and coach millions upon millions. Stop it. This isn't 1970,80 or even 1990.

The last two years of bathrooms, deaths, masks, jabs, racism, deep corruption, $85 billion retreat, riots because of more racism, oh wait, all the cops were same complected. Have we had enough yet?  Because it's all dumb as sh*t and a gateway to hell on earth. Support common sense, morality and what we all know is right. 

America NOW because of our COMMON ancestry is the opposite of racism. Look at yourselves. You are the model of unified strength. Hucksters point out your every difference to divide and control you to further their agendas which are many and not to your general benefit.

Case in point. Ancient Celtics claimed to be from Egypt (Africa). The last South Africans I've spoken to recently aren't black. So here in America we supposedly have ancient African on ancient African hate. You guys are f'n ridiculous.

NO America is not a racist country! Stop it. Americans both white and black and everyone in between will experience more racism outside of America than in America. Please stop the money grubbing that fills up courts with bull crap and as Americans make us look less than evolved.

There are problems in the world, yes their are racist of every color and creed. There are mean people. There are psychopaths in high positions (that's where they gravitate to) of ALL races. Focus on real problems that exist like self interested, morally deficient potentially criminal people making rules for America for personal profit.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would anyone pay literally any attention at all to professional trolls like Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe?

I liked Skip like 15 years ago when I first was introduced to him but he sucks now. He’s just a character. 

I always say this when a Skip Thread pops up but check out his brother Rick Bayless. Rick is a world famous chef who cooks Hispanic food and has a show on PBS. His food looks good AF. 

Aside from Wilks’ ineptness only beating bad teams, losing a game to make the playoffs, making asinine comments blaming the players or you’d have a better record, is a dinosaur defensive coach, no one else in the nfl had interest, or the fact he thought PJ was better than Darnold and obviously can’t evaluate the most important position on the field.

I ask this serious question….

If you know who you’d like to hire/employee to run your company but are required to preform an incidental pre requisite before doing so, how exactly do you do so in earnest?

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The problem is that it looks bad when you hire a white coach who got fired in 2022 with a 3-5 :record and he is hired over a black coach who took a dysfunctional team and produced a 6-6 record which is much better and came within a broken wrist away from taking us to the playoffs. You can hide behind the notion that Tepper wanted an offensive guy  but the expectation that Wilkes has to go to the playoffs versus Reich got fired and immediately gets hired again on the surface surely fuels the discussion there were 2 different standards. Especially given a report from one of our writers that Wilkes had a good plan on offense.

You're absolutely right despite the morons pooing your post. National media only know the Panthers at surface level. If you don't follow in-depth enough to understand why Wilks had more to prove compared to other candidates racism is the only answer. Pundits follow this team mostly through bullet points and stats fed to them and this looks bad on paper.

I also think sport media is using this situation to virtue signal on race relations without directly criticizing the league. They weren't nearly this self righteous about Kaepernick, or the NFL's cartoonishly racist "race-norming", and they weren't exactly supportive of the NBA players attempted boycott over race relations. But because Tepper is taking the heat on this and it doesn't put the honeypot at risk they're suddenly freedom fighters. Give me a fuging break. 

Edited by MechaZain
  • Beer 1

We've had the defensive minded coaches since our inception, minus Rhule who IMO was neither.  Tepper has always said he wanted an offensive minded head coach. 

Wilks did a good job making this team competitive but as I said after the Pittsburgh game Wilks was done.  IMO Tepper wanted to beat his old team and Wilks fell flat on his face.  Pittsburgh was primed to be beat.  Wilks and McAdoo had a terrible game plan and did nothing at halftime to adjust.  IMO this had to burn Tepper's ass some.   Losing to Tampa put Tepper's mindset that he wasn't the guy for the future. 

I think the final nail was Reich had names and was prepared during his interview.  His plan was more advanced than Wilks.  QB has been our Achilles heel since Cam got hurt.  Why would Tepper want to go with a defensive minded coach that has very little experience developing a QB. Luck, Rivers and Wentz had some of their best numbers when they were with Reich.  Remember Luck won comeback player of the year under Reich.  I saw on YouTube how Irsay screwed up by blaming Reich, but the issues were far more internal than just the 3-5-1 record. 

I get that the NFL needs to do more to get minorities as their head coaches, but an owner should not have to sacrifice his goals to appease the NFL.   If Wilks were offensive-minded he would have been our next head coach.

I feel bad for Wilks and I really liked him but I have zero issues with going with Reich.  IMO it had zero to do with race.  Wilks's lawyer wants to make this about race.  Sadly, that's the world we live in.  Everything is about race, nothing to do with qualifications.