• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a feeling...

Proudiddy

No sources, nothing like that...  and I could very well be WAY off and this thread melts into obscurity like most, BUT I have a feeling that something with trading up may come together rather quickly, and seemingly develop so fast it seems it came out of nowhere - before the draft.

I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that we still end up signing Carr even after we trade up and still take the QB of the future with that first pick.

Yeah, I just don't see us signing Carr and spending that amount of draft capital to move up---not the way Fitt was talking. If we acquire Carr, I think that it's much more likely that we draft a WR or TE high...maybe an LB.

Edited by top dawg

If we take Carr I could see us taking someone like Hooker in the 2nd, but we've got too many holes to have the luxury of signing a starting QB and also drafting one at 9.  I could see us taking someone like Jordan Addison at 9 if we get Carr.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The impression I'm getting is that no matter what the do with Carr they will draft one of the top 5 qb's.  Which one is anyone's guess as they are not showing any indication of which one they favor just just.

That’s my preference.  Get Carr. Draft our qb if the future so they can learn. 

• Beer 3

If we sign Carr and still want to take a QB, I really hope we don't move up to do so. A guy like AR will be there at 9 and he or someone else will for sure be there on the second. If we sign Carr, I would personally want to get the best pass rusher, TE or play maker at 9 and get an AR or Hooker later

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s my preference.  Get Carr. Draft our qb if the future so they can learn. 

Probably the long term best move, but I don’t think that’ll happen. If they take Carr, they’ll give him more weapons with those picks. 

I won't be surprised if it is Carr but I agree with a trade up and it happening pre-draft if it's for a top spot. 

Can still see a lot of avenues even after those pressers:

• Trade way up pre-draft, land Stroud/Young, have (1) 2nd, 3rd, and some later rounds remaining
  • Trade slightly up in draft for remaining of Levis/Stroud/Young at 5/6
  • Carr+Weapon R1, Hooker/McKee later
  • Sign Carr+Richardson at 9
  • Sign Brissett+Richardson at 9
  • Sign Carr+trade down, accrue capital
  • Sign Rodgers? lol