• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media bias is real

NAS

DJ is a bonafide #1. I think he’s legit starter, especially when he gets the ball in his hands he becomes elite YAC machine. But he’s not top ten or twelve in the league and I’ve seen multiple outlets claim as such.  It won’t be easy to replace his production right away but I think not only will we obviously bring in at least a couple pass catchers in FA and the draft, and not only do I think new QB, coaching and scheme will allow a lesser WR to replace his production, but I also think that TMJ is ascending. He might not put up DJ’s usual 1200 yards this year but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he matches DJ’s usual TD production or even surpasses it. And I think Shenault is capable of more than those gd bubble screens that got wore out last year. At the very least some quick crossing routes and skinny posts which are similar in difficulty and skill set required but at least start beyond the los. 

• Pie 1

I feel like Cam isn’t under appreciated at all, he was rarely a top 10 qb passing, spent most of his career with a passing completion % under 60% and that was during a time where it was a passing league. We constantly give cam excuses that he didn’t have an offensive line, wrs, etc but that’s a bs excuse. There have been plenty of good QBs who put up great numbers with a crappy team, no offensive line or WR corp.

40 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Some of you are incredibly impatient and/or shortsighted. 

The Panthers also are slated to have a ridiculous amount of cap room next offseason. You get your QB now, then make the big splash next offseason when he is ready.

It’s exactly how you build a contender. Draft your QB and build a great roster around him while he is on a rookie deal. The hope is by the time he is due him money, he will be capable of elevating a lesser roster. We will be right on track to do so as you already stated. 

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That's a genuine question - our WR corps right now sucks and the FA market isn't much better.

Yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting what we do at WR. Because right now we might have the worst WR corps in the NFL on paper. That's not exactly setting up your highly drafted rookie QB for success.