• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media bias is real

NAS

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Moore can be replaced the issue isn't just that it's also getting an even better player we just raised our own bar by discarding him. Now the stakes are even higher for Fitt. That's on him.

I think Moore can easily be replaced with a better WR. He's more than a WR though, similar to Deebo Samuel. Ultimately would take 2 players to match or upgrade what he brings to the table. 

A pure WR to me is more if a Hopkins/Diggs. Can beat the press, great route runner, and exceptional hands. Most WRs now are just athletes, and are weak on the technical aspects of the position. 

4 hours ago, NAS said:

DJ is solid not elite, which is the narrative right now. 

The narrative here was that DJ wasn't a bona-fide WR1. Playing semantics and trying to make it seem like it's about being elite is disingenuous, especially when being a true WR1 in the NFL is an elite status.

12 hours ago, Castavar said:

People and media are saying "BONAFIDE #1" lol Yeah no. I put him in that Gabe Davis, Devonta Smith, Mike Williams range. Moore is a good player, he is not elite like the media is making him out to be.

Except Moore has never had a Qb, coach, or offensive system that is/was as good as the other players you just mentioned

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Except Moore has never had a Qb, coach, or offensive system that is/was as good as the other players you just mentioned

That’s the issue though. We weren’t in a position to get him a good QB this year. It would just waste another prime year for Moore. Having a good/great WR with no QB doesn’t do us much good. 

8 hours ago, NAS said:

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Let me clarify. I wouldn't want another DJ Moore.

I would want more of a press breaker, route runner, great hands guy. In my opinion, DJ wasn't great in this role, but good. 

And separately, a guy that can run jet sweeps, screens, reverses, or even line up as a RB (though the Panthers may already have that in Shenault). 

I think you replace DJ with multiple guys, with different skill sets. 

Edited by Navy_football