• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB Cam Newton to be throwing at Auburn's Pro Day

Saca312

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

Cam responds on Twitter

Great respond by Cam. He isn’t lying about the off-season thing. He didn’t have a fair shot with a full off-season since Rhule fuged him (which now seems ego driven).

Covid off-season in NE. Then they go with Mac Jones next off-season. Then we call him up late in the season and throw him out there barely knowing any plays. 

I’m sure it’s over, but him not getting a full off-season is stunning to me. 

• Pie 6

20 minutes ago, NAS said:

Cam responds on Twitter

They both have a point. Hopefully Cam finds a team willing to give him a chance. But if not hopefully he finds some inner peace and moves onto the next phase of his life. He has nothing to be ashamed of either way.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's also logical.

Honestly, that means as much to me as anything does. Sure, we could be hopeful after Rhule was hired, but it was something you had to talk yourself into.

That's not true at all with Reich.

Think you’re jumping the gun a bit bro. It’s exciting times for us diehards but Reich isn’t Vince Lombardi. Most people are just happy to be past the Rhule era and have the top pick again.

Cam transcended football for a bit in 2015. Had white kids across the country doing the dab. We’re not quite there yet.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, NAS said:

He should just take some backup money and go make a difference on some team as a backup. 

This 100%

The dude has too much pride to take a backup spot. He can be a backup but his days of being a starter are over sadly. He can be a better version of Taysom Hill in that type of gadget player role.

Go to the Chiefs win a SB and be a gadget player. At least you still have some type of role in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Here's a highlight...

I am thankful for Cam, and everything he has done for this franchise. It was an awesome experience being able to watch him play football. He had amazing energy and was super charismatic. That being said...

This throw is not it... flat, short and wobbly. Also, the presnap stuff... why? This is a throwing exhibition not an NFL practice, there is no defense... what are you pointing at? 

I dont mean to be so scrutinizing, but it doesnt matter which QB it is .... if they are doing that... they are being scrutinized. 

I have to wonder if Cam would still be in the league if his personality was more like an Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Colt McCoy, or Joe Flacco.

With Cam you get his very vocal personality, his social media presence which includes his Twitter and Podcast ventures, and just overall someone who seems to have much more going on than just football.

I don’t see teams choosing that over a quiet, low key, mentor QB like Dalton.

In addition to changing who he is, I feel like Cam would have to be content with working as a backup and waiting for an injury or poor play by the starter. At this point in his life I don’t see him being willing to do that.

My personal opinion is that most franchises would prefer their backup QB to be out of the limelight and I don’t think that’s who Cam is.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am thankful for Cam, and everything he has done for this franchise. It was an awesome experience being able to watch him play football. He had amazing energy and was super charismatic. That being said...

This throw is not it... flat, short and wobbly. Also, the presnap stuff... why? This is a throwing exhibition not an NFL practice, there is no defense... what are you pointing at? 

I dont mean to be so scrutinizing, but it doesnt matter which QB it is .... if they are doing that... they are being scrutinized. 

You got all that from a 28 second clip?

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I have to wonder if Cam would still be in the league if his personality was more like an Andy Dalton, Teddy Bridgewater, Colt McCoy, or Joe Flacco.

With Cam you get his very vocal personality, his social media presence which includes his Twitter and Podcast ventures, and just overall someone who seems to have much more going on than just football.

I don’t see teams choosing that over a quiet, low key, mentor QB like Dalton.

In addition to changing who he is, I feel like Cam would have to be content with working as a backup and waiting for an injury or poor play by the starter. At this point in his life I don’t see him being willing to do that.

My personal opinion is that most franchises would prefer their backup QB to be out of the limelight and I don’t think that’s who Cam is.

I think there is a lot of truth to this. Teams dont want the back up to make any noise or be more popular than the starter. Cam is an exciting player. Put him behind a struggling QB and fans will call for him. 

For example if we draft a rookie QB and he started to fail it would not take long for the CAM chants in the stadium. That will almost never happen with Dalton. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Think you’re jumping the gun a bit bro. It’s exciting times for us diehards but Reich isn’t Vince Lombardi. Most people are just happy to be past the Rhule era and have the top pick again.

Cam transcended football for a bit in 2015. Had white kids across the country doing the dab. We’re not quite there yet.

In 2015? Yeah.

By 2020? Not so much.

As to this season, people are already pretty excited but wait till we draft a quarterback and watch it kick into overdrive.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I believe all i was describing was the 28 second clip... did it read differently?

I just don't think it's that serious. He's not going to be a starter again. Might as well let the man have a little fun with it. I actually feel kind of bad for him it's gotta be a tough situation. But I'm glad his brother is offering support that's what family is supposed to do.