• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the Panthers or won't they contend for a playoff spot

panthers55

I for one am not about to let the past dictate how I feel about the future. This team is set up to compete. And man, it's going to be glorious. 

If Bryce even comes close to ROY, we will be one dangerous team. 

The time of year where fans are allowed to be a little crazy. And we have a bunch of Huddlers who just can't seem to let go of the past. And isn't that just a little sad?

• Beer 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:34 AM, t96 said:

lol what, even with Dalton we'll be significantly better than 2010, what a ridiculous take. Probably even better than 2011 with Dalton too. We were better than 2011 last year despite trash at QB and coach much of the year. 

Panthers will easily make the playoffs this year if Bryce stays healthy, and possibly still make it even if he doesn't.

The reason the 2011 team lost so many games is that defense was horrible. The offense was good 

I hope they do but also am trying to be rational in realizing we have a new head coach, new staff, new rookie QB and have new players all around. Just a great season of growth and development for the younger players setting us up for the future would make me happy but if we can contend then to me that is just an awesome bonus.

17 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I for one am not about to let the past dictate how I feel about the future. This team is set up to compete. And man, it's going to be glorious. 

If Bryce even comes close to ROY, we will be one dangerous team. 

The time of year where fans are allowed to be a little crazy. And we have a bunch of Huddlers who just can't seem to let go of the past. And isn't that just a little sad?

Damn the irony, you really can’t let things go. That’s really sad. No one is in this thread saying bad things  just that we’ve got a shot because the division’s bad. Oh no, the horror!

@LinvilleGorge Is this guy who’s not around anymore and had a mental break when people weren’t super optimistic?

NFL rules require the NFC South to supply a team in the post season.  We were a team with definite limitations last year, we got off to a horrible start, and still almost won a disaster of a division. 

I will be the first to admit that being a dogmeat division one year does not transfer over to the next, but the only two teams that were on any sort of upswing last year were the Panthers and Falcons.  Even with the Saints signing an NFL-caliber QB, I don't think the trajectories change.  I also don't think the Falcons made any huge moves to accelerate their upswing.  Last year was the Bucs last hurrah.

All that translates into the division being maybe marginally better than last year.  Maybe.  That also means the Panthers are a contender for the playoffs, by default.  That would be true if Darnold were still the QB and Wilkes still the HC.  It's certainly no less true with Young at QB and Reich as HC.

• Pie 3

We will contend and we will win the division.

This team was playoff caliber last year when it was handcuffed by dumb dumb HC Rhule. 

Fringe starter Sam Darnold was looking like a badass when we finally started playing to our strengths under Wilks. 

If Bryce Young is remotely close as advertised then we will be whooping a lot of ass next season. This is the best line and most effective weaponry we’ve supplied a QB since 2013.

Yall gotta start having some nuts . The Saints only win when the refs want to play storymode. The Buccaneers aren’t doing anything unless Mayfield goes dark knight rises on our ass. 

The Falcons are our biggest threat.

• Pie 1