• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Terrance Marshall JAG?

DennisM1

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Lol he did great last year considering the dogshit we trotted out at QB and it’s been literally 2 days of camp, with some of his reps going to Dalton who’s not been very good so far. Let’s pump the brakes. 

He didn’t do great. He was the WR2 and got 90% of all snaps when healthy. Down the stretch when we were going for the playoffs he had 11-170 and 0 TDs in 6 games. That’s not great.

Personally, I’m not a believer in TMJ. I’m hoping Mingo breaks out as our guy because I think he’s got a higher ceiling than what we’ve seen in 2 years from TMJ.

I do think we need one more WR1 or WR2 (depends on Mingo) with Thielen’s age and Chark being a 1 year guy. Maybe one of our 1st/2nds the next two years.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 2

38 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

It's been 3 years lol first it was Joe Brady then it was the QB what's the excuse gonna be this year?

So our QB situation and terrible coaching wasn't a reason for our underperforming offense last 2-3 years? We don't know what he is yet and training camp MVPs don't usually result in any major impact. Let's see the preseason play out at least before we try to disect a players performances. I meant to put this thought in another thread we've seen the point guard anoligy with Bryce it's starting to look like that's what he's is it doesn't matter who the player is if he sees opportunity to make a play in the seems he'll take it. A deep pass he'll take it, wherever he can go with the ball to give his WR a chance he goes so we won't know for sure imo because he just makes quick smart plays which won't really focus on any one player shining more then others because it's not a go to this player type offense it's a everybody eats type of distribution. Each week we may have a different yardage leader just depends on coverage and opportunity. So hold off your judgement until we can accurately access each player roughly maybe week 10-12 

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

So, using your own rationale, given the mess that has been the last three years, how would we know if he is just a guy, better, or worse?  Why don't we let this year play out before we pass that judgement?

Yeah, this is the year that determines his Panthers future, IMO.

He has the opportunity to push his way up the depth chart. If it doesn't happen, the Panthers chapter of his NFL career is likely over.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

So, using your own rationale, given the mess that has been the last three years, how would we know if he is just a guy, better, or worse?  Why don't we let this year play out before we pass that judgement?

That's a tad bit too logical for this board.

• Beer 2

Most receivers truly take until their 3rd year to break out. Not to meaning the challenges he's had with coaching staffs, and quartback carousel that he has had to deal with. 

Here you are, before the season even begins, calling him a bust already. (Pretty much anyways). 

yet another effect of Tepper’s clown show …we really don’t know what young players are properly developing, if they even can

think about it - legit NFL coaches really haven’t even evaluated, let alone actually helped them yet

dear god I hope 5-6 years of losing is the end of the learning curve 

3 hours ago, DennisM1 said:

We were hoping he would step up this year in his 3rd year after what he showed at the end of last year.. but I'm not hearing ANYTHING about him in camp can't be a good sign can it? Is it time to move on from hoping he can be an impactful player for us?

There HAS to be someone in your life that can give you a hug. Anyone?