• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we just pass drafting Cam Newton Jr….

TheBigKat

9 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Cam was a great QB and as time passes my appreciation for him grows. That said, is it necessary to make a Cam comparison for every 6’4 ish run threat QB that gets drafted?  I feel like the casual comparisons tarnish, if not totally overlook his accomplishments. 

I wonder if Falcon fans are saying "Did we pass on Vick 2.0?"

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed.  People like to assume AR is going to become the next Josh Allen.  The chances of that are the same as Young becoming the next Brees.  

I’d say way less likely than Young becoming the next Brees. Josh Allen is a historical anomaly in terms of what he’s done in the pros compared to college in regards to completion percentage, which historically QBs don’t drastically improve their completion percentage from college to pros. Young gets the Brees comp based on what he’s shown. Richardson gets the Allen comp based on what he hasn’t shown.

• Pie 2

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

“big athlete man throw football”. “Big man going to be next Cam Newton”

the Physically athletic ability is about where the comparison stops

Cam had more touch on his passes and ability to read the field as a Freshman at Florida than ARich has had up to this point in his career.

Arich is like Uncle Rico.  Can throw it over that mountain.  But can barely hit a touch pass.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

“big athlete man throw football”. “Big man going to be next Cam Newton”

the Physically athletic ability is about where the comparison stops

Cam had more touch on his passes and ability to read the field as a Freshman at Florida than ARich has had up to this point in his career.

Arich is like Uncle Rico.  Can throw it over that mountain.  But can barely hit a touch pass.

It is cool to see these up and coming big fast QBs get compared to Cam.

They compared Josh Allen to Cam.

Cam in his own way is very much respected around the league regardless of how people feel about his personality. Panthers legend forever.

• Pie 2

Richardson isn’t as strong as Cam but I’d say he’s more athletic. He put up impressive numbers at the combine and I can’t imagine Cam doing that standing flip he did there. It’s ignored in the comparisons because they’re both imposing guys but I think it puts AR on a much different trajectory than Cam.