• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI: Cuts begin today

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why does it matter where he went to school?  Our staff got a look at him vs NFL talent and saw potential.  I trust Campen and am not concerned about Erving being gone.  Last time I saw Erving he was either chasing a playing sacking our QB or getting tossed into our QB by some 3rd string player on another team.  

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a large raw OT that outplayed his competition.  Either Campen likes what he saw from him or they are going to replace him with another player that gets cut.  Either way they saw enough of Erving to know he was a liability and wasn't going to get any better.  With Erving you know the QB is doomed.  

Are you his cousin or something? He’s not large , he’s our smallest OL. Icky, Moton, Bozeman all 325, this dude isn’t even 290. 

Where he went to school does matter. Look at Trey Lance. I don’t feel confident he’s ready for the NFL and it’s SEC edge rushers after going to school at NC Central and A&T.

• Poo 2

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Didn't you read that Darin Gantt article about Juston Burris transitioning to being a coach after he was cut last year.  That was a direct message and job offer to Cam Erving. 

Everyone wins... it's obvious Erving is well-liked, but his playing days are over.  

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

Are you his cousin or something? He’s not large , he’s our smallest OL. Icky, Moton, Bozeman all 325, this dude isn’t even 290. 

Where he went to school does matter. Look at Trey Lance. I don’t feel confident he’s ready for the NFL and it’s SEC edge rushers after going to school at NC Central and A&T.

I'm sure there's a plan for him. It might just be special teams. He might just be a placeholder for someone yet to be signed. Who knows? No worries. 

• Pie 1

The initial 53 is perplexing but I'm not butt hurt over the guys we cut. They were mostly all trash. But my god the lack of CB's and Dline is concerning. I'm sure we will fill out the roster properly, but will these new guys be any better than what we had?

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

The initial 53 is perplexing but I'm not butt hurt over the guys we cut. They were mostly all trash. But my god the lack of CB's and Dline is concerning. I'm sure we will fill out the roster properly, but will these new guys be any better than what we had?

We wont see the complete 53-man for a day or so after the waiver settles down.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

If you were a lineman or a cornerback that were just cut from the Panthers - you really, really need to take a step back and think about retiring. Consider your health. 

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

If you were a lineman or a cornerback that were just cut from the Panthers - you really, really need to take a step back and think about retiring. Consider your health. 

I totally agree. Remember, some of these guys that are getting cut from around the NFL won't ever play football again. Some won't ever put on a uniform ever again. It's brutal.

21 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

trench depth is a little concerning..

for sure, in those 3 key OL backups are 2 2023 UDFAs.....both are DII as well.....holy god thats scary.

YGM must be playing DE, even then what in the wide world of sports is going on there?!?!

Fitts got to claim a Ol and DL, wavie a TE and WR Wright.

Seems awful scary, yea colbert is back in what 3-4 games, until then they...well both lines need full praying non-stop.

Id didnt see this happening, cannot be done. NFL games are still won in the trenches. No depth/raw is a death sentence. 

39 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yea I really have no idea what we are doing on the Dline

My gusss based solely on this would be a lot of that 2-4-5 or 3-3-5 nickel formation junk, especially with Burns and Houston having DE experience and Chinn being the big nickel.

Basically still running a 4-3.

Edited by KSpan

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Trey Lance went to the same school as Wentz who was doing great until injuries ruined his career.  Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Tony Romo, Terry Bradshaw, Big Ben, Steve McNair (the list goes on) also all went to small schools.  Moton who is the captain of our OL went to Western Michigan.  BC is one inch taller and 11 more pounds than him.  His size is fine for the NFL.

I don't care if he makes the team, but I completely understand moving on from Erving who we KNOW is terrible and giving the backup position to a player who has shown them some potential over TC and preseason.   I just think the school argument is pointless.  Honestly if Icky goes down BC will probably slide to LT.  So he is more than likely 3rd string.  

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Exactly.

He should have gone to a powerhouse like Mississippi Valley State like Jerry Rice did.

Or Miami of Ohio like Ben Rothlesberger.

Or Southern Miss like Brett Favre

Or Alcorn State like Steve McNair

Or Texas Southern like Michael Strahan

Or Buffalo like Khalil Mack

Or Louisiana Tech like Willie Roaf

Or Jackson State like Walter Payton

You think whipping out a quick list of JAGs is gonna change minds or something???

• Flames 5