• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Awesome dude and great defensive assistant/assistant HC but I thought he was a very flawed DC here before he got the Cards job so I'm not surprised 49ers fans aren't thrilled with him. Maybe we were just spoiled by McDermott, and Wilks wasn't as bad as Eric Washington, but still he wasn't great as a DC.

My main problem with Wilks was he was almost too aggressive. 
We have up so much yardage with him as DC. I think that is when the Panthers started giving up a ton of 3rd and 10 plays. 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

The 6 man blitz looked like it worked. Not Wilks' fault that their vet CB got bodied by a skinny rookie WR on an underthrown ball right in the DB's hands.

If I'm remembering correctly, the next dead ball was end of the half. There is no need to blitz. The only need is to prevent that one play from resulting in a TD.

10 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

BRUTAL, the man who should have been the HC of the carolina panthers (because he was born in Charlotte) is public enemy number 1 for the 49er fanbase!

Would you take the Chosen One back?

I drafted the 9ers D in Fantasy this year and have regretted it. Luckily, was able to pick up the Steelers D in FA so ... buh bye, Wilks.

Just like Reich is not the man for our HC job, neither was Wilks. It wasn't an either/or situation, both were really bad final candidates and shows how bad a job Tepper has done. The fact we never seriously considered Steichen or just threw whatever it took to make Ben not pull out of consideration is abysmal. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, joemac said:

I think Brock Purdy has been getting exposed these past few games far more than Wilks.  Shanny is gonna have to consider putting the #GEQBUS in at some point.  I legit think that Shanny would have Darnold playing like an All Pro in that system.  Sam is light years more physically gifted than Purdy.

The media is trying to make Purdy out to be a elite star QB. He's simply not that. He's lucky to have all those weapons around him. All they ask him to do is keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The media is trying to make Purdy out to be a elite star QB. He's simply not that. He's lucky to have all those weapons around him. All they ask him to do is keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over.

Yep.  That system he's in is so QB friendly that that is all the QB has to do in order to win games.  If they ever get an actual superstar QB in that system, with that roster, they might go undefeated lol. 

• Pie 1