• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inquiring Teams told Burns not avaiable

Daeavorn

When Fitt didn't trade Burns it made a strong statement that he values Burns more than 2 firsts and a second. Since that is in fact the case, we're going to be paying Burns a fortune. We're not going to get an offer better than the Rams, and that offer was too low. We can't let Burns walk for nothing, and we will not receive a good enough offer. So we're looking at a massive deal for Burns, but in the meantime Fitt is going to fight with the agent because of the sheer amount of money involved. The writing is on the wall. Burns is going to win this one, and he knew that when we turned down the Rams and Fitt said Burns was the cornerstone of our defense. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, KingKucci said:

This reminds of the Peppers issue in 2009 when we tried to trade him and ultimately he walked for nothing.  

?

they never tried to trade peppers despite him saying he was not going to play here, JR thought otherwise and he found out, peppers walked after being tagged and the panthers got absolutely nothing when they could’ve easily got a massive haul

this is a problem with moronic, egotistical owners. Tepper would rather prove a point to himself than win a dead situation, there are a million examples 

the difference here is burns hasn’t said he wants out at least publicly. he wants money he isn’t worth, but after turning down the rams offer I mean how stupid do you look getting any less, and Tepper doesn’t want to look stupid not realizes he can’t get lower. again, an ego problem.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

How can we turn down the offer last year, then not get a deal done this offseason, only to now not even be listening to offers?!?!?!

It makes no sense, only thing I can think of is that they're saying that hoping someone will make a stupid offer to test our resolve and then jump on it, but that seems like a losing strategy

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

How can we turn down the offer last year, then not get a deal done this offseason, only to now not even be listening to offers?!?!?!

It makes no sense, only thing I can think of is that they're saying that hoping someone will make a stupid offer to test our resolve and then jump on it, but that seems like a losing strategy

Rarely do they do anything that makes sense. At the end of the day the people running this organization just aren’t very smart. It’s really that simple.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panthers will franchise him, he will walk after next season. This is 100% happening. Thanks dumb ass Fitt.

If/when we franchise him, if we can't come to a contract by training camp, he can't play a down for us again.

Cause we sure as hell won't tag him twice, so if we can't get a deal done with him by then, he just has to be traded for whatever we can get.

Which, in turn, is why he just should be traded right now.  We couldn't come to a deal with him before all this, I don't see us coming to one at any point down the line, need to get a good return for him and just move on.  Also can't look at what we turned down last year and make decisions based on that, sunk cost that we can't go back and do, have to make the best possible decision with the situation at hand currently.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To which I'd answer...we still don't know.

This offseason was bound to have a fair amount of roster turnover due to changing systems on both sides of the ball. And despite the insistence of some that they can predict entire careers after watching just a few snaps of preseason play, you can't judge draft picks this early.

I know people want to b-tch about the team getting their hopes up and whatever, but the reality is any unrealistic expectations for what was always going to be a rebuilding season is nobody's fault but your own.

Lol……I hope you have a life jacket

And that last paragraph is just dishonest bull$hit

• Flames 2

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

even if you assemble a really good crew (like the O-Line) it's not the GM's fault if they're asked to do something that doesn't suit their skill set.

I disagree with you about this. This is an example of something the coach and GM should have discussed prior to the draft and free agency. Then the GM should have drafted, signed, and traded for guys that fit what the coach wants to do instead of letting the coach try to shove square pegs into round holes. And yeah, they wouldn't have filled all the holes, but they would have a better start than they do now.

• Pie 1