• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What still needs to happen for you to be genuinely excited about next year?

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I want to see Bryce Young call up his new receiver, and the other receivers, and start working with him on his own

where is he ?

most qbs do these things and do things with their teammates away from the facility during off season

Many times i feel like young just doesn’t give a poo, he goes through the motions, and it really bothers me 

‘cold blooded’ is a generous description from Canales

so to net it out, lipstick on a pig is still a pig…I’m having a hard time because we may need to change pigs at the QB position in 2025   I’m not sure he has a  nfl  level arm

really really hope he shows up this year …and that’s why I’m not optimistic 

"Going through the motions" is spot on but I think that was because he was a rookie expected to lead a dumpster fire with clueless coaches, not a lack of caring. All he had to go off was prior knowledge. Looked mechanical like he was back in QB camp, but in a bad way because the scheme and personnel weren't doing him any favors.

But yeah I need to see some fire from Bryce now. More of the emotional moments we saw last year. Rookie grace period is over and his college accomplishments are firmly in the rearview.  His work ethic was hyped up as much as the processing. I'll be excited if he hits camp like he's got something to prove.

• Pie 1

I just want to see talent develop and I want to see younger players improving as the season goes on. 

I'm optimistic about the new staff and front office but I won't get excited till I see guys reach their potential. 

• Pie 2

Winning and doing it often.

That's really the only thing that could possibly get me excited about the Panthers anymore. I am no longer a season ticket holder and I have no intentions of really going back to the stadium during Tepper's tenure.

I will watch games but mainly out of habit more than anything. If I miss a few, so be it.

With this team? Nothing.  I'm never excited by any moves this team makes. The only thing that would get me excited would be if they rack up 3 wins and still had games left to play.  That would mean they bettered their record and actually might double it. 

I don't know about excited, like excited excited 😂, but at this point I just want a draft where I can at least understand the picks and what we're trying to do. With Scott Fitterer, I felt lost almost after every pick made, or worse when we traded back leaving players I really coveted on the board. This year I just want to feel like the front office has a well thought out approach.

We're rebuilding so I'm not expecting win-now moves at this point.

16 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I want to see Bryce Young call up his new receiver, and the other receivers, and start working with him on his own

where is he ?

most qbs do these things and do things with their teammates away from the facility during off season

Many times i feel like young just doesn’t give a poo, he goes through the motions, and it really bothers me 

‘cold blooded’ is a generous description from Canales

so to net it out, lipstick on a pig is still a pig…I’m having a hard time because we may need to change pigs at the QB position in 2025   I’m not sure he has a  nfl  level arm

really really hope he shows up this year …and that’s why I’m not optimistic 

All of this.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's working his ass off and extra motivated until I see how his vibe is in camp and if he looks the part of a #1 pick that knows his rookie season was unacceptable regardless of extenuating circumstances. I sincerely hope such is the case because I'll be rooting loudly for him. But in the event it isn't any of that I'm just going to get an early start on the 2025 QB class.

• Pie 1