• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ Can't Play Forever

So JJ Jansen has been with Carolina as a Long Snapper since 2009.  I doubt if Carolina drafts his heir, but they should be looking for a UDFA.  There are a few good LS.  Peter Bowden from Wisconsin would be great.

• Pie 2

Pure speculation on my part but I guess you could put the guy on the practice squad.  Somehow I dont think too many teams are looking to purge a LS but could be wrong.  Wouldn't want to waste a roster spot.  I have to think the team and dare I say owner probably have a good relationship with JJ and will keep them in the loop on his retirement plans when he starts mulling it over. 

Dude breaks a team record every Sunday and that's gotta be cool for him.

Remember when Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer thought they had snagged his replacement for the next decade in the late rounds of the draft while leaving better talent at other positions on the board? Good times.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

10 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

got paid a 500k signing bonus to never play a single NFL snap 

I believe he was IR'd for the whole year, that's another 600,000+.

I think he was drafted to rid the last remaining locker room leadership, just my honest feel. Rhule wanted the total control and the players depended on his joke of a staff. 

I still praised the huddle during that draft, nearly all of us were screaming for trey Smith starting the 4th. Didn't know about his med issues, but KC has made it work and he's been solid above average OG. I mean who needs that when you can write the 100million check........