• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ain't gonna wanna hear this but

RumHam

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep.  This draft isn’t that deep with LT.  I tried to tell you guys.  Might as well finish up the defense while we can.  

FWIW while I do think people are sleeping on Slater, Horn is the better there too.

If there's any silver lining our bar for a starting LT is rather low at the moment. We just need a competent starter not an all-pro

Edited by MechaZain

38 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

You're largely correct but if we want a starting left tackle (from the draft) for the upcoming season, I think it has to be the next pick.

There are 2 big name LT left in free agency. Fisher (granted he may be out for half the season) and Villanueva (Ravens are linked to). Not sure who else is out there that are actually decent. Guarantee next draft will have a left tackle available too. Every draft does. 

BPA is almost always going to be defense because other franchises appropriately weight offense over defense. That is how the rules are set up now. The reason we can’t find any consistency as a franchise is because we have been heavily weighted toward defense from the coaching staff down since our inception, outside of a small period with Seifert (not saying I like Seifert). Look at the consistent teams across the league, it is about the QB and offense. Great defenses get you a year or 2 of competitiveness. You see a SF, a Denver, etc. in the super bowl here and there, but are they ever back the next year?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1