• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance

NAS

56 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I found it odd we were never that interested. Didn’t even attend his 2nd Pro Day. I guess it just goes to show how confident we are in Darnold…

Not sure that's what it means. There was no chance he'd be there at 8. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He finished the day 5 of 14 for 128 yards and 1 TD. Also took 4 sacks. After the 80 yard play there wasn’t much to celebrate there. 

Three receiver drops fwiw.  I'd say, a lot of promise there, but not ready to start yet.  Soon though, imo.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I found it odd we were never that interested. Didn’t even attend his 2nd Pro Day. I guess it just goes to show how confident we are in Darnold…

I don't think that's what it was at all.  We didn't even exercise his option until after the draft...  so they weren't confident in him.  

What it is starting to appear like, is that Rhule - depending on how Darnold pans out - either doesn't know how to evaluate the QB position, or he doesn't value it.  Many here stated over and over again that letting Cam finish out his last year of his contract was preferred over releasing him and signing a mediocre game manager to a 60M contract, and yet, he chose Bridgewater.  Depending on that Washington game (after Bridgewater singlehandedly lost enough games on the last drive to knock us out of playoff contention), we likely could've had our pick of Lance or Fields...  

Again, hoping for the best, but I have never believed in Darnold.  He has had some good throws in camp, but again, at best, the reviews have been mixed and indicate inconsistency just as he demonstrated in NY.  And if we go through a second season of mediocre QB play, it will be pretty evident that Rhule feels like you can take shortcuts with QB if the rest of the team is well put together - and that just isn't true.  Again, I hope Darnold plays well, but I don't believe in him at all.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't think that's what it was at all.  We didn't even exercise his option until after the draft...  so they weren't confident in him.  

What it is starting to appear like, is that Rhule - depending on how Darnold pans out - either doesn't know how to evaluate the QB position, or he doesn't value it.  Many here stated over and over again that letting Cam finish out his last year of his contract was preferred over releasing him and signing a mediocre game manager to a 60M contract, and yet, he chose Bridgewater.  Depending on that Washington game (after Bridgewater singlehandedly lost enough games on the last drive to knock us out of playoff contention), we likely could've had our pick of Lance or Fields...  

Again, hoping for the best, but I have never believed in Darnold.  He has had some good throws in camp, but again, at best, the reviews have been mixed and indicate inconsistency just as he demonstrated in NY.  And if we go through a second season of mediocre QB play, it will be pretty evident that Rhule feels like you can take shortcuts with QB if the rest of the team is well put together - and that just isn't true.  Again, I hope Darnold plays well, but I don't believe in him at all.

So what this tells me is that even if Sam plays out of his mind, you still won't believe in him.

Are you going to be one of those fans who credits the other players and not the QB?

I mean... considering who was the QB before, I guess I shouldn't blame you but still...

Why watch at all then?  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

SF trolling the entire league into thinking they traded up to 3 to get Mac Jones is so impressive in retrospect.

Actually it made no sense at all. 

Lawrence as #1, Wilson was #2.  Jax wasn't coming off of #1 and NYJ weren't coming off #2 so it didn't matter who they said they were going to take.  Jones, Lance or Peter Pan it wouldn't have matter because no one could trade above them for Lance. 

Nothing but a side show and F with the mock draft gurus.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Except all the people who for some reason we're convinced they were trading up for Mac Jones. That was one strong rumor I never bought.

Yeah, because Jones’ pro day hadn’t happened yet. They weren’t trading up to get a guy they hadn’t seen.

9 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

SF trolling the entire league into thinking they traded up to 3 to get Mac Jones is so impressive in retrospect.

How have they trolled the league? They spent 3 1st round picks to get there.

They could have told the league they were taking ANYONE besides Lawrence and Wilson. It wouldn't have mattered, the rest of the NFL couldn't do anything about it.

• Pie 1