• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like Stafford not wanting to come to Carolina is the reason he wasn't traded to the Panthers.

jayboogieman

29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I meant that they thought that with Stafford on the team the could possibly contend last season meaning the 1st round pick surrendered would be a low first.  That is not so bad.

This season its Sam's turn to show he can be that guy.  We are either drafting a QB or a LT in the first this coming draft, unless it's traded for one.  Either way we should have a good idea which one or both is drafted by seasons end. 

Ah. Yeah I agree. 

2 hours ago, t96 said:

We'll see. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rams don't win a SB this year and then by 2022 we are consistently better than them (depending a bit on our QB situation). A lot of the moves they've made over the years have been recipe for disaster down the line if they don't win a SB very damn soon.

Yep.  It definitely made sense in the short-term, but if the Rams don't win I could see the fanbase turning on Stafford quickly as they become disgruntled at the realization this team is soon going to have salary cap issues without the draft capital to try to compensate.

The Rams are incredibly top-heavy with the talent they've acquired and/or traded for, but their depth at certain positions is still suspect (as is every team), and they are going to have few avenues to improve it with the almost comical lack of draft picks they have over the next 3 years.

Matt Stafford is 100% going to have to be a better version of himself for the next 3-5 years and truly be a franchise type QB to justify the trade.

I would take Stafford over Darnold right now, but not with the draft capital that was given up.

Rhule & Fitterer really have done a good job of restocking the roster and maneuvering the cap to put the team in a great position going forward.  The QB position still looms large, but overall, I genuinely believe it was better for both parties for Stafford to not come here, and certainly not for the draft capital.

• Pie 1