• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Patriots, what do you know?

Zod

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Our defense is aggressive. McDaniels is going to call so many screens on Sunday.

The thing is, we don't blitz that often. Screens are not as effective against a standare 4 man rush. That, and we run to the ball well. But then again, who knows? They do screen a lot as it is. So it could go either way. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Does anyone know what time the press conference is today for the injury update?

I saw something that said Darnold was on the field but left prior to the time to speak to the media. So likely no word from Darnold, but maybe the staff will offer something. Though I feel like Rhule is good for saying "we'll see on ____ (insert later date)"

I know the Pats are an average team, as are we.  Other than the win vs the Chargers, they've done little -- other 3 wins were vs the Texans and Jets.  They've only exceeded 29 points once, the drubbing of the Jets the 2nd time, which skews their average pts scored. 

They allow more rushing yards, and more passing yards, than we do, and they have not yet faced a Defense as strong as ours.

I don't think their Defense will shut down our running game, and I think, at home, we have a better than average chance to win this game.  Our front 7, now that we've got Shaq and YGM back, and with Gilmore at press corner, will cause turnovers.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:06 AM, Zod said:

Can our defense confuse their rookie QB? 

Can we shut them down completely?

Will we have to with PJ at QB (probably)?

Inquiring minds want to know. 

Probably.

Unlikely given our D will have to be out there all day.

Because we'll have to win with PJ at QB, which means we very likely won't consistently move the ball, but will definitely turn it over multiple times and leave our D in a bad situation.

If we can't run on them like we ran on the Falcons, our D will be out there all day.

20 minutes ago, ThePriceIsRight said:

It's about them being wrong about Darnold, so they have to be right about PJ.

Like for 3 weeks, we won but I was still right about Darnold, as we all know now, the coaches were cuddling the shyt of him.

Now enters a real underdawg....

giphy (17).gif

So this is account #16464363453 for you, CPsinceday1, I see.