• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC to the 49ers

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's not a bad haul. Not the 1st they were looking for, but a pretty good haul if you are truly going into an offensive rebuild. 

Tell me how getting the 60th pick and the 90th pick in next years draft helps replacing a top 15 talent in the NFL. This is one of the worst trade in our history

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, top dawg said:

The tank is on. This dude just accounted for 75 percent of our offense. He was indeed our leading receiver--well, actually Robbie was technically, since CMC is an RB. We should be fairly sad on offense, and we were already poo.

With him we've won 16 games in three and a half seasons and we have been a bottom two team in our division. Oh no we're gonna be so much more terrible now 🙄

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, roaddog96 said:

Who was going to give it? We can wish all we want, but if a contending team saw him as the true missing piece, they would've coughed the 1st up a long time ago to get him, either in the offseason. I think people got delusional, CMC is great but is oft injured. The 49ers basically opted out of the 2023 NFL Draft, to our benefit. How is that a loss? Holding onto him for the sake of holding on to him because no one would give us a first is a fireable offense as well. That is the sunk cost fallacy that a lot of people seem to have on the board tonight. This trade makes us better in the long term. They're tanking the season, and to make us look good for future coaches, we need draft capital and young players. We had one but not the other. Now with one trade, we have both. It's not over either, there will be more moves. 

A haul would've been getting Lance, their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks. Who are we going to get that will replace the value of a healthy CMC with those picks? No one. That's why the 49ers gave them to us.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Despite me being fully ready to trade him for the last two years because he's a RB who depreciates in value worse than a new car, it still is surprising they actually did it.  I didn't think we actually would.  And although I would've loved a first and feel like that's what we should've gotten, especially from a playoff team, really, any return with 2nd or 3rd was great because if we waited another year, we'd be lucky to get 4th and 5ths.  It's just the shelf life of RBs.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on this years RB group and it a projected to be a deep class. CMC is still an elite player though. 

He's not an elite player, he's a HoF talent.

We've had like 4 of those in Charlotte in 25 years and people are celebrating trading away the 5th one for peanuts.

Baffling.