• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have our Franchise LT with Ickey

Chris Smitty

8 hours ago, Chris Smitty said:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Panthers/status/1587135032686256128?s=20&t=ko0fD45FGJopcfvdeQ-1_w

Since Week 6, Panthers rookie OT Ikem Ekwonu has the best pass-blocking grade among all NFL players (90.6).

6. CAROLINA PANTHERS: OT IKEM EKWONU, NORTH CAROLINA STATE
Overall Rookie Grade: 65.7 (Rank: 3/14)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grades-all-32-first-round-nfl-rookies-week-8-2022

then why is he rated so low 

So...

Since they had to cover Ickey in the pass with multiple TEs to move the pass rushers away from him and stay away from 7 and 5 step drops while leaving Ickey uncovered. So, a limited pass playbook of screen passes and 3 step drops with Ickey being covered up has increased his PFF grade.

When left uncovered he is still getting beat bad 3 to 5 times a game with his slow kick step and waist bending. Good for him PJ is hitching up in the pocket and getting rid of the ball before he gets plastered.

• Poo 1

10 hours ago, Captroop said:

I'd like to see us pick up one more lineman in the upcoming draft. Maybe a Center or G. But otherwise, this is what we've needed to do for years. Before you bring in your QB of the future, you build a brick wall for him to stand behind, and we have the makings of a quality O-Line that could last 5-8 seasons. It's what Dallas did before the Dak era, and it's what Carolina is finally doing now. Whoever we bring in will be in great position for their talent to shine through.

Funny you make that post with an avatar mocking Darnold - dude wasn't given a hope in hell behind our OLine last year.

13 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

So...

Since they had to cover Ickey in the pass with multiple TEs to move the pass rushers away from him and stay away from 7 and 5 step drops while leaving Ickey uncovered. So, a limited pass playbook of screen passes and 3 step drops with Ickey being covered up has increased his PFF grade.

When left uncovered he is still getting beat bad 3 to 5 times a game with his slow kick step and waist bending. Good for him PJ is hitching up in the pocket and getting rid of the ball before he gets plastered.

Man you really are a hater damn.

Over It Whatever GIF by Bounce

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

So...

LOL dont ever stop being you mr glass

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

OMG, that was so annoying. I wanted Rhule gone but Iky was one of the other annoying thing. Everyone said that Rhule screwed Iky up because he made him earn it. SMH. Iky played tons of snaps and never played another spot besides LT the day he stepped foot in rookie camp. One thing Rhule didn’t mess up was Iky’s development. He earned the starting spot early in preseason and he looks like a great pick. 

I agree but if Rhule hadn’t messed up Christensen’s development with the “short arms” debacle, BC would’ve been on his way to being a solid LT and Ickey could’ve started @ LG which he’s better suited for at this stage of his career. Although his pass blocking is improving, run blocking is still his bread and butter. It would’ve galvanized our interior blocking from the start IMO. I still like the pick and I’m glad we got him. 

48 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I agree but if Rhule hadn’t messed up Christensen’s development with the “short arms” debacle, BC would’ve been on his way to being a solid LT and Ickey could’ve started @ LG which he’s better suited for at this stage of his career. Although his pass blocking is improving, run blocking is still his bread and butter. It would’ve galvanized our interior blocking from the start IMO. I still like the pick and I’m glad we got him. 

I know the narrative is that Rhule never did anything right and because Rhule mentioned arm length, almost the entire huddle stop believing in measurables instantly and simultaneously, but it's possible that BC was brought along 100% correctly. For a later round pick, he's developed nicely as a guard that could swing out to tackle in a pinch. Rhule said he could be a really good tackle and or an elite guard and he may have been right about that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1