• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does it feel Christian McCaffrey is getting buzz as MVP frontrunner?

CamWhoaaCam

Most in here will still try to convince themselves it had to happen. But 16ish games of him being healthy and carving up defenses left and right, the real ones will tell you we were morons to let him go. Especially with what we got in “compensation.”

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Quite frankly it’s the least of our concerns at the moment.

I was all for trading CMC but wouldn’t have done it for the package we received. That was a crap return but Fitterer just couldn’t help himself. Then he turns around and turns down a ridiculous offer from the Rams for Burns smfh

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I was all for trading CMC but wouldn’t have done it for the package we received. That was a crap return but Fitterer just couldn’t help himself. Then he turns around and turns down a ridiculous offer from the Rams for Burns smfh

We couldn’t hold out for a better deal for CMC because it was mainly about removing him from the team asap.  The team decided they wanted to tank, so they had to ship out the biggest impact player on the team.  I’m convinced the goal was to get a top 3 pick without having to trade up, but Wilks ruined their plans.

It will be interesting to see how that "give the ball to CMC" formula goes in the postseason when they run into the Eagles again.

People want to use his success with Shanahan and all that talent they have there on both sides of the ball as a reason why we should have kept having him eat up a huge chunk of our salary cap without a franchise quarterback because they value feels over actually winning.

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

And uses some of the CMC “haul” to move up for the DJ Johnson

1 hour ago, Coheed said:

No one was ever going to give a first for a RB who hadn’t played a full season in years. This was always the case. 

we got a solid haul for CMC considering his injury history at the time and the position he plays. 

If nobody was giving up a first, we should have just kept him.  The late round picks that were used to get the math to add up to a first value aren't worth giving up a player like CMC (especially when you just package them to move up to take a raw pass rusher who isn't even active on game days).

I always thought the view of him being injury prone was nonsense, it's not like he just kept getting small little injuries that kept adding up.

He had unfortunate injuries like the player falling on his leg while he was diving in for a TD and causing him a high ankle sprain.  That's just a freak injury and isn't indicative of an injury prone player like with Horn who keeps getting non contact injuries and pulled muscles, massive difference.

Plus I think in both seasons he was injured late in the year with us, if we were contending, he could have and would have played, but with us already out of it there was no point in risking injury to only potentially hurt out draft pick.

Him blowing up with a team that uses him properly was again something that was so easy to predict, just like Bryce struggling in this league due to his limited physical traits.  

Edited by tukafan21

It's not far fetched to think he very quietly asked out near the start of last season.  You could tell Rhule never knew how to use him or how to build an offense around him.  That was a monumental failure.  The vibe check was just never right post-Rivera and we could have built something cool.  Just didn't work out due to the ownership change timing and the Rhule hire.     

By the time we would have figured it out, it would've been a waste.  My biggest problem was not getting a known commodity in the trade, not just draft picks.  

It is all very frustrating.  Makes me very IDGAF regarding the franchise.