• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Keep a close eye on Belichik to Carolina”

ncfan

11 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I wouldn't want Bill the GM but Bill the HC for sure. He could instill a culture we desperately need here. 

Also he would have absolutely no problem telling Tepper to fug right the fug off lol 

I don't know, it feels like that "culture" left for Tampa Bay and won a Superbowl. Maybe a change of scenery would help, but I think Bill is done, If we wanted to go the defensive route, give me Eviro.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

If Belichick wants it, you better believe he's the next coach. 

Will bring Bill O'Brien with him with the Bama/Bryce ties to satisfy Tepper. Obviously a winner in Tepper's mind. Immediate respect and no backlash on Tepper if it doesn't work because he got Belichick, and didn't miss again on an unproven coach. 

First goal should still be trying to get Ben Johnson, but I think Bill B has been Tepper's immediate "fix" for a while now. 

I don't see it happening.

But if he does end up with the job, I'd just hope he doesn't sniff any GM duties. Because dear god, for his history of success, he's been extremely lucky that his awful draft day allocades were alleviated by TB12 and his defensive scheme. When TB12 left, the watergates blew open as his awful GM management finally caught up with him.

He's a brilliant coach and he's had plenty of success. Just keep him away from GM duties and he'd probably bring about some form of success for the Panthers.