• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: Seahawks want three #1 as starting point for Wilson trade.

SCO96

49 minutes ago, Mage said:

I see no reason why that can't be Russ though.  He's never missed a game and doesn't rely on his mobility to the point where his game will have to change much in the next 3-4 years.  

Honestly, if ALL we had to do was give up 3 1st round picks?  And not give up any other players? I'm easily taking that deal.  Easily.  That gives us a strong 3-year window at minimum to compete for a championship.  Even if you don't think Wilson puts us in that talk this year, in 2022 we'll have so much cap space to make splash moves.

Of course I think the Seahawks would want players in return.  But the 3 1st round picks themselves don't bother me.  Wilson is elite and he'd immediately make us a strong contender for the next 3-5 years.

Wilson alone doesn't make us a contender. We'd still need to build an OL and a secondary. By the time we do that Wilson could be on the decline.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wilson alone doesn't make us a contender. We'd still need to build an OL and a secondary. By the time we do that Wilson could be on the decline.

Maybe in 2021, but by 2022 I'm 90% sure we would be a contender with Russ.  I mean really outside of QB, are we any worse than Seattle outside of safety?  And while yes Seattle underwhelmed down the stretch and lost in the first round, they still had a chance.  I'd have considered them a contender because they absolutely could of went on a run if things worked out.

I'm not saying we'd be the favorites.  But assuming our defense continues on a upward trend (which it should given the youth), our offense would be good enough to score on anyone even with a lesser OL.