• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: What Will It Take For You To Be OK With Keeping Rhule?

travisura

What will it take for you to be OK with having Rhule return next season? (Anonymous)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What will it take for you to be OK with having Rhule return next season? (Anonymous)

• I want him back regardless of record
    • 9 or more wins
    • Make the playoffs
    • Win the Super Bowl
    • I want him gone regardless of record

15 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

After watching Ron Rivera become Riverboat Ron and seemingly change his ways only to revert back to who he was and has always been, there’s literally nothing this guy can do this year to convince me he’ll be any good for the next 5-10. There’s a reason the saying exists “A leopard can’t change his spots.” Beware the fleeting hot seat changes we may see in Rhule this year.

While I agree with you to some extent, you also have to be reasonable. While I don’t expect us to win 13 games this season and take the division, you couldn’t reasonably part with him at the end of the year if he managed to pull that off. 

Based on what I’ve seen so far, I expect him to underperform, miss the playoffs and hopefully get sent packing at the end of the year. But if he makes a playoff run or takes the division somehow then you can’t cut him lose. He’ll have earned another year.

Winning record and playoff appearance. Or losing record playoff appearance if we win at least 1 playoff game. But he’d still be on a short leash in 2023 unless we win the SB. Need back to back winning seasons and playoffs 

8 hours ago, davos said:

Prefer him to go regardless of record/playoffs. He’s not an offensive or defensive guy, he’s just a ra-ra college coach out of his league. Doesn’t even really seem like a football guy. He’s very much a program type. 

Which is why he will not succeed in the nfl. What exactly can he coach at this level?

• Pie 1

I want to win a SB on the backs of CMC and have Rhule retire. Cash in and go rip off some college boosters like Michigan. Let McAdoo take over. Rhule can follow the tradition of Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, and Dick Vermeil. I just hope we don't have to hear him talk on all the sports shows. He can think of himself as a genius. I just want him out asap.

The answer isn't so simple as how well the team improves it record. I want to see evidence in game situations that he makes better choices (Cam v. Darnold at the 1 yard line, giving young players a shot if older veterans are struggling, Having a plan if your kicker gets hurt,  etc..)

Edited by Michael G