• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Igo, any credence to this?

Ivan The Awesome

With this type of stuff, the truth always lies somewhere between.

Could see a lot of this rumor being blown out of proportion after an actual visible argument between Snow and Wilks about Chinn but then it goes on and is likely stretching things.

We have effectively neutered Chinn the past year or so but stuff like Brown becoming a pass rusher contrasts from how Snow has talked about his use. Burbs wanting out, could see it.

Taking it with a grain of salt but it’s a rumor at the end of the day.

• Pie 7

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK if I buy all this. I can buy that the players don't believe in some of the things our coaches are doing but we are also not seeing our younger players jump ship. However, almost any veteran we try to retain leaves. So that isn't nothing.

If even bits or pieces of this are true, it's pretty bad. Also, the idea that Snow's defense is basically college tier has literally been said by league sources about us since 2020. So I don't know if that is some sort of revelation. 

Either way, it's an interesting read.

Not sure I agree with you fully on the veteran retention point (Done, DJ, etc) but maybe those are the younger players you reference. Otherwise, i pretty much agree with you on the rest.

Even with my lack of faith in Rhule taking this all at face value is a very tough sell, but it's awfully specific and most isn't much of a reach from what we see on Sundays. Truth to any individual bit would be bad enough but if all of it was somehow true... dang.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's getting his butt whipped. It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't basically frustrated and checked out.

Been a long time, but watching the replay I thought the same thing. Much of last year too. And I was as high on Brown as anyone. Still want the Steelers to trade with y’all for him. But his effort looks pitiful. 

And the DEF is/will be historically bad against the run if he isn’t in the game. This past week…..

Chubb/Hunt with Brown in game-3.6 YPC

Chubb/Hunt without Brown in game-8.6 YPC. 

They surrounded him with no one who can play the run at an even average level. It will be worse than 2019 if Brown gets hurt. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Been a long time, but watching the replay I thought the same thing. Much of last year too. And I was as high on Brown as anyone. Still want the Steelers to trade with y’all for him. But his effort looks pitiful. 

And the DEF is/will be historically bad against the run if he isn’t in the game. This past week…..

Chubb/Hunt with Brown in game-3.6 YPC

Chubb/Hunt without Brown in game-8.6 YPC. 

They surrounded him with no one who can play the run at an even average level. It will be worse than 2019 if Brown gets hurt. 

Will it to existence! 
7927D1FC-A174-44AB-9D01-B0E4F1289DD1.thumb.jpeg.38763dec91e0a6e236da27b97d319953.jpeg

• Pie 1